How do you choose the best soundbar in 2020? What functions and features should the soundbar have according to your needs? Read our guide and choose informed.
- Performance 3 total speakers create louder, clearer, and more powerful sound
- Wireless Subwoofer Experience deep, booming bass with the wireless subwoofer
- DTS Virtual:X sound enhancement creates room-filling, floor-to-ceiling multi-dimensional sound
- Bluetooth Stream music wirelessly from your phone or any compatible Bluetooth device
- Easy Setup All audio cables included
- Compact, slim design, enhanced HD sound quality: With new and improved sound drivers, the Bowfell sound bar has a slim design and thin profile with a built-in subwoofer and a 50 watt output providing high quality, cinematic sound. The Bowfell is a small but mighty addition to the Majority range.
- Connect to your TV or phone: The Bowfell can be connected to most types of TVs and monitors including Smart TVs using the Optical connection (Optical cable included), RCA connection (RCA cable included), or Bluetooth connection. The Bowfell also features Bluetooth so you can also connect wireless Bluetooth devices to the sound bar. The Bowfell can also be connected to your laptop, desktop, or computer monitor.
- USB and AUX connection & large remote control: Use an AUX cable (3.5mm jack cable included) to connect to older style devices with an AUX port. The Bowfell also includes a USB input, allowing you to insert a USB stick to play audio from. With the easy to use remote, you can change the treble and bass settings at the click of a button whilst also selecting a music mode that heightens music, movies or dialogue to be played at their best.
- Slim profile ** AUX ** USB ** Optical ** Bluetooth ** RCA & Optical cables included ** Remote control ** adjustable treble & bass settings ** Measurements 15.28 x 2.13 x 2.83 inches ** Built-in subwoofer ** 50 watt output ** weighs 53oz ** New & improved sound drivers **
- In the Box: Majority Bowfell Soundbar, Remote control, Power adaptor, 3.5mm to 3.5mm Audio cable, 3.5mm to RCA Audio cable, Optical cable, Instructions manual
- DOLBY DIGITAL: Dolby Digital decoding maximizes sound clarity and creates incredible room-filling virtual surround sound.
- DEEP BASS WITH WIRELESS SUBWOOFER: Experience deep, rich bass to make movies and music truly come to life.
- STREAM MUSIC WIRELESSLY: You can use your Bluetooth-enabled device to wirelessly stream music on your sound bar.
- SPECIALIZED SOUND MODES: Specialized sound modes bring Movies, Music, and News to life.
- QUICK AND HASSLE-FREE SETUP: With HDMI, optical, or Bluetooth connections, you can go from unboxing to listening in minutes.
Lately, moments of relaxation have become so rare that it is natural to want them to be of quality. Often, in order to enjoy your favorite music or watch a good movie at home, you need a pretty good technology, so as not to encounter faults that could ruin your good mood.
A sound that is too weak or disturbed can cause you frustration and ruin your moments of relaxation. That's why it's natural to want to invest in a quality audio system.
When you can't afford to buy a Home Cinema or hi-fi system, or you don't have the space to install them, the best Soundbar can become the ideal solution for you.
With several advantages, including a reasonable price, a Soundbar can fulfill your desires in terms of relaxation. Find out in this article how to choose the best Soundbar.
Why choose the best Soundbar?
When you have a limited budget and space, a Soundbar is definitely a better solution than a more complex audio system. Definitely offering a louder and clearer sound than that offered by the TV, a Soundbar fits perfectly in any small or medium-sized room, especially in a living room.
It has small dimensions and a design that favors the most uniform distribution of sound, which is why it is perfect for any conventional user.
Also, the installation of such a device is very easy, and the connectivity options are varied. You will be able to easily connect a sound bar to TV or other electronic devices in the house.
How to choose the best soundbar
Although it is a relatively new device to enter the market, with a rather recent technology, there are already enough offers on the market from which to choose.
While having many options is always an advantage, we must admit that it can be overwhelming to identify the best Soundbar for you, especially when you don't have many notions about what criteria it should meet. You also can't choose anything. You will definitely use this device every day, so you need to make sure that it will withstand intense use.
To help you make the best choice, we advise you to shop wisely. We have prepared a shopping guide with all the information you need to be able to check the quality of a product, even before you buy it. At the end of this article you will be able to identify in a short time the best quality / price ratio on the market.
To enjoy the perfect moments of relaxation, keep in mind the following important aspects.
The traditional model is suitable when you usually make frequent moves in the rooms. If you tend to reorganize furniture often, or do not have a permanent place for TV or other multimedia devices, a horizontal Soundbar is a very good choice. This is because it will allow you to place it where you want, and its location does not necessarily have to be permanent.
The design in the form of a bar favors its easy positioning. Also, if you want to save as much space as possible, it is possible to place such a device directly on the wall. The sound will be well distributed, and the appearance of the room will be aesthetic and modern.
You can place it anywhere, but avoid areas where the remote control signal could interfere with the Soundbar system. Although this could create problems, in most cases, not many such complaints have been registered. The subwoofer speakers will ensure you an excellent sound regardless of the chosen volume.
The pedestal model is the one that serves as a support for TV or monitor. It basically looks like a thin board with built-in speakers, which can be successfully placed under any monitor. It is a good solution when you have a well-established place for TV or other multimedia devices.
It has a discreet design, will not take up much space and will provide quality sound. However, unlike the traditional model, it is not equipped with a subwoofer speaker, which will mean that low frequency sounds will not be played as well.
The best Soundbar should include several types of speakers. The ideal combination would include two tweeter speakers, two mid-range speakers and a subwoofer. A good alternative to a home cinema system or a 5.1 system is a Soundbar with a separate subwoofer. These two devices can be positioned at will, so that the sound is as well broadcast as possible in the room. The connection between these two devices will be easily made via wireless connection.
The pedestal model is recommended when you just want an improvement in sound compared to that offered by TV or other multimedia devices. It will not take up much space and can give you a high quality sound experience at an affordable price.
Also, the remote control signal will not be disturbed, as might happen with a classic Soundbar. In the case of a pedestal model, check the number of speakers. The more you see, the clearer and louder the sound.
It is important for the Soundbar to be able to recognize and play as many playback formats as possible. Among the mandatory ones are: MP3, AAC, OGG, FLAC, WMA, WAV. You need to make sure that no matter what file format you want to listen to, the Soundbar has the ability to play it smoothly.
Also, make sure that the device will be able to play various sound frequencies with great clarity, depending on the commands you will dictate from the player. The volume must be able to be set from a multimedia device, and directly from the Soundbar.
In the absence of an acoustic amplifier, to ensure that the device will be able to play a wide range of sound frequencies and cope with acoustic rigors, it is good that it has a digital amplification function. When sound performance is of particular concern to you, follow these details in your product description.
Otherwise, most of these devices will already be able to offer you satisfactory performance, and the biggest selection criteria will be price, size and design.
The interface of the device must offer you various connectivity options. It needs to include the following ports: USB and HDMI, Audio In and Audio Optic In. Also, if it is a Soundbar with a separate subwoofer, it must allow the wireless connection of these two devices.
To minimize the need for cables that are becoming more and more inconvenient, many manufacturers have introduced the bluetooth connection. This allows you to easily connect to your Soundbar, any compatible electronic device, such as your mobile phone or tablet. Through an application you will be able to execute the desired commands directly from the device.
Also, the best soundbar system will include a remote control that will allow you to control it remotely. In most cases, it will be able to take over the control function of the TV.
Also, a remote control of a Smart TV will be able to control the soundbar system. If you don't want to complicate yourself with a remote control, or you don't have it at hand, there are various applications that can turn your phone into a remote control.
Positioning and design
Regardless of the type of Soundbar you choose, pedestal or traditional, make sure it is placed at a central level. Ideally, it should be at the same level as the ears of those in the room. If you do not position it properly, you will not be able to enjoy quality sound, regardless of the actual performance of the device.
So, before making a purchase, carefully analyze the space you have, as well as the dimensions and components of the Soundbar system, to make sure that you can place it in such a way as to allow it to operate at its maximum potential.
Also try to harmoniously combine the design of the TV with that of the Soundbar system. In order not to have an aesthetic disagreement and to make sure that the Soundbar will be sufficiently efficient, choose one that matches the TV.
If you have in the living room a TV with an impressive diagonal and curved screen, it is recommended to choose a curved Soundbar that also has the same length as the TV. If it's a classic, straight screen, choose a pedestal Soundbar of similar size.
When you have a screen attached to the wall, it is recommended to choose a classic Soundbar to put under the TV also on the wall. The subwoofer can then be positioned anywhere according to your preferences.
To have the guarantee of quality, whether you buy this device for the first time or not, turn to well-known companies with a good reputation in the manufacture of electronic devices. They will be able to offer you a guarantee of at least 2 years most often.
Even if they have higher prices, you will have the security of a product that will serve you without problems. Among the most recommended brands are: Bose, Samsung, Sony, LG or Panasonic.
We also recommend that you make an online purchase. Here you can easily find the best prices and you can make the best choice faster and more comfortably. You will be able to easily consult the product description and more. One of the most important things you need to do before buying any product is to consult the review section.
When you have the opportunity to check the opinion of other users about the product you intend to buy, you will be able to get a more real and complete picture about the veracity of the information presented in the product description. If most of the reviews are positive, it is very likely that your choice will be a wise one.
The best soundbar: recommendations
Taking into account the above tips, analyzing the opinions of buyers and the existing offer, we still recommend some soundbar models that offer an excellent quality / price ratio.
Last update on 2021-04-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API