- 1 The best electric toothbrush – Our recommendations
- 2 How to choose a good electric toothbrush
- 3 Recommended models in 2021
- 4 How to use an electric toothbrush
- 5 How to use the electric toothbrush correctly
- 6 Who can use the electric toothbrush
- 7 How do you know when to change your electric toothbrush?
- 8 Popular brands:
- 9 Other recommended products
The best electric toothbrush – Our recommendations
Proper tooth care is important for maintaining the health of the whole body, so we suggest you orient yourself as soon as possible to an electric toothbrush, which will be able to remove plaque more effectively. If you do not know the selection criteria for this type of parts, and you do not have much time to delve into the subject, our team will recommend Oral-B Vitality Plus Cross Action, a rechargeable product that includes timer, which performs up to 7600 rotations per minute and removes the bacterial plaque twice as well. In addition, the special design is able to clean each tooth separately, including the interdental spaces, and the spare end will extend its service life. In fact, the product is compatible with all the reserves offered by the manufacturer. And if this option is not necessarily to your liking, an interesting alternative is Philips Sonicare HealthyWhite HX.
How to choose a good electric toothbrush
Oral hygiene is a very painstaking and important process, often neglected due to the lack of information on its importance. A smile that is almost perfect, but more importantly healthy, can make the difference between shyness and social isolation and self-confidence plus easy communication with others. Over time, teams of oral medicine researchers have designed various techniques and additions to support the practice of oral hygiene in the best conditions, restoring the simplicity needed for this important process.
The electric toothbrush is a device that brings a new help in the fight against bacterial plaque, consisting of bacteria and food debris, which causes a cascade of diseases started with simple bad breath and ended with cavities or even tooth loss.
This type of product is still new on the market and not much information is yet known about the real benefits offered. That's why we offer you a series of technical and practical details that you must follow in your search for one of the best electric toothbrushes:
Oscillations / Pulsations:
an important characteristic, used as the main criterion for differentiating between different products. Basically, it means the speed at which your future electric toothbrush reaches, either through the standard oscillation program or through the pulsation program. These two forms of brushing the head and the active surface make the difference between a professional electric toothbrush and a limited use one. Usually, a good toothbrush has 8,000 – 8,800 oscillations / min and up to 40,000 pulsations / min. Being in direct contact with the tooth surface, an increased number of oscillations will provide a more rigorous cleaning.
in recent years, electric toothbrushes have been designed with functions that further simplify the use of this device. These include: battery level indicator, fiber wear warning signal, pressure sensors, floss clip and microbrush clip (to remove deposits from the narrowest dental areas). For example, the pressure sensor is a specific indicator that warns you if you apply too much pressure that could damage your gums, or could cause pain if you have sensitive teeth.
they are of two forms: rechargeable, included in the structure of the toothbrush or based on simple or rechargeable alkaline batteries. Usually electric toothbrushes do not include rechargeable alkaline batteries in the standard purchase set, and this means that you will have to invest a minimum amount in this detail as well. Those that have a rechargeable battery included will also have a support with a role in its charging.
how long the toothbrush will work until it requires a recharge is closely related to the performance of the device (number of oscillations and pulsations) and the accessories included. Some electric toothbrushes will also have an informative LCD, which will consume more electricity. Generally, the batteries are charged in about 12-15 hours for an operating time of 30-50 minutes. Normally a brushing should last at least 2 minutes, and a battery that lasts a minimum of 25-30 minutes should ensure a maximum of one week of daily use, twice a day.
these include spare heads, storage stand, glass or mouth irrigator. With most electric toothbrushes, you will receive between 1 and 4 spare heads. If you want a superior hygiene system, some manufacturers have associated the electric toothbrush with an oral irrigator, a system for brushing teeth and hard to reach areas with a toothbrush.
it is not recommended to use an electric toothbrush by children under 3 years old. Until the age of 3, the child goes through a process of growing baby teeth, and the action of a device with speed and rapid oscillations can influence the direction of tooth growth and their positioning on the arch. In adults, it is recommended to use this product without care, but if you have a toothache or gingival pain, a visit to the dentist is recommended to identify the cause.
Recommended models in 2021
- The most loved rechargeable electric toothbrush brand by Americans and their dentists
- Whitens teeth up to two shades in two weeks. Features voltage 110 to 220 Volt and speed up to 62000 brush movement per minute
- Effective and unique sonic technology with dynamic fluid action to clean between teeth and along gum line
- 3 Modes: Clean Mode, White Mode and Sensitive Mode. To keep the battery fully charged, you may keep your Sonicare on the charger when not in use. It takes 24 hours to fully charge the battery.
- Quad pacer and two-minute timer helps ensure dental professional recommended brushing time
- Removes up to 100 percent more stains and up to 10X more plaque than a manual toothbrush
- Improves gum health in only 2 weeks
- Customizable brushing experience with 2 modes (clean & white) and 3 intensities
- Pressure sensor protects teeth and gums from excess brushing pressure
- Effective advanced sonic technology with dynamic fluid action to clean between teeth and along the gumline
- 98 percent of parents say it's easier to get kids to brush longer and better with the interactive sonic power toothbrush
- 91 percent of dental professional parents prefer Sonicare for kids for their own children
- Interactive free app educates and gets kids excited about brushing. Kids are rewarded for each successful brushing session while parents can track and monitor progress
- The kidpacer musically alerts when to move to the next quadrant of the mouth to ensure a thorough cleaning; Voltage: 110-220 V
- The kidtimer gradually increase to 2 minutes to help train kids to brush for the dental professional recommended 2 minutes
People who are trying to find the best Philips electric toothbrush could opt for this model with confidence. An excellent rating, an affordable cost and a 24-month warranty period recommend this item to any buyer, but above these advantages, we can place the technical capabilities of the model. With a number of 62,000 oscillations, this toothbrush will remove up to 7 times more from the bacterial plaque, even in hard to reach areas. The sonic technology used allows the introduction of water jet between the teeth, performing an efficient but delicate cleaning in this way.
Two brushing programs ensure conventional or intensive sanitation, with additional bleaching. The kit provides you with two brush heads, so you can use this item without requiring reservations for at least 6 months. The brush is powered by the battery, so it can be easily handled, and the full charge ensures a few complete brushing sessions. This way, you can easily take it with you on any trip.
Because it is one of the most efficient battery brushes from Philips, this piece is successfully included in the list of examples we have selected for the most demanding of potential users.
The Braun Oral B toothbrush is dedicated to adults and has a number of 8,800 oscillations per minute and 40,000 pulses per minute, which makes it very efficient. It is a product that includes a rechargeable battery, a charge indicator, a speed control and a single cleaning head. Normally, it is recommended that the electric toothbrush have more than one cleaning head, in addition to the standard one, such as one with different brushes or one of a different size. At the same time, if the standard one wears out, there should not be a very long time until it is replaced.
However, this shortcoming is compensated (fully, we say) by the additional functions of the toothbrush. The features that make this product more special are the mouth shower and the pressure sensor. The latter offers protection against gum damage and pain in those with sensitive teeth.
The mouth shower is created by a small brush-like device, fed from a 600 ml tank. It disperses water in two ways, one rotary and one mono-jet, and its purpose is to help you act on interdental spaces and hard to reach areas. The whole appliance is fixed to the wall with screws and must be positioned near the sink. Overall, you have in front of you the best electric toothbrush, a complete and practical product, very helpful in the meticulous process of oral hygiene.
Braun ORAL-B electric toothbrush for kids
This offer is mainly addressed to parents who want everything that is most efficient and best for their children, in terms of brushing and dental hygiene. In other words, here you can analyze a cheap and best electric toothbrush for kids, which is recommended by many buyers. The efficiency with which it will clean the gums and teeth is easy to intuit, if you notice that the operating regime requires 9600 oscillations per minute.
Their number is not very large, so as not to injure the sensitive gums, but good enough to guarantee the elimination of bacterial plaque. It includes a brushing program and will be powered by batteries, thus being the perfect item to take on vacation. The Extra Soft end is specially created for children who have never used electric toothbrushes, allowing the most delicate hygiene. With a nice design and some cheerful colors, this item inspired by the Disney princesses universe will be perfect for a little girl.
We recommend that you buy this piece when you want to make a gift that is both interesting and useful for your little girl, not only because it allows you to perform efficient dental hygiene, but also because it is part of the special editions inspired by Disney characters.
How to use an electric toothbrush
The electric toothbrush proves the optimal efficiency in removing dental microbial plaque, giving you the opportunity to keep your teeth and gums healthy and, therefore, to laugh, smile and talk without any inhibitions. Of course, this accessory will prove useful only if it is used and maintained correctly, so we invite you to read the passages below.
How to use the electric toothbrush correctly
Probably not once have you heard that in order to effectively remove bacterial plaque, fight tartar and prevent dental diseases, it is necessary to brush your teeth carefully and rigorously at least twice a day. However, few people know that it is advisable to use a small amount of toothpaste and that brushing should start with the back teeth and continue with the front ones, in order to enjoy an oral hygiene superior to the classic toothbrushes. .
It is also preferable to avoid bending the filaments and positioning the tool at an angle of 45-90 degrees to the long axis of the teeth if you want to have a whitening and a deeper cleaning. Last but not least, the movement on each tooth must be between 3-5 seconds, while the pressure exerted on it or the gum must be gentle, because only in this way you can be convinced that you have achieved a correct and complex sanitization of teeth, the potential of the instrument to cause gingival abrasion being in this way reduced.
Who can use the electric toothbrush
If you have ever asked yourself such a question, find out that everyone can enjoy the benefits offered by this accessory, even people with dental or gum problems, because it is considered that it removes the existing bacterial plaque much better. along the gums, thus preventing the appearance of periodontal diseases, and simplifies the brushing technique.
In other words, due to the fact that the electric toothbrush manages to combine several types of movements, it achieves a more efficient cleaning of the interdental surfaces in a much shorter time (2 minutes), thus helping you to pay due attention to the daily program. of oral hygiene and to correct / improve your technique of brushing your teeth.
How do you know when to change your electric toothbrush?
The best cleaning of the teeth is all that matters, which is why it is important to change the active head in time. This explains why each electric toothbrush has its own wear warning system. Whether we are talking about colored markers or referring to electronically generated warnings, it is essential that when it notifies you that the hair accessory needs to be replaced, do not dwell too much on thoughts or the tool will become a place for bacteria to grow. (usually replaced once every three months). Also in this sense, you will notice that some toothbrushes are sold together with an ultra-violet sterilizer for disinfecting the brushing heads.
Both the appearance and the health of the oral cavity are conditioned by an adequate oral hygiene, and one of the modern devices that offers a deeper cleaning and fight against plaque is the electric toothbrush. It is enough to read the opinions of those who already use it to convince you of the efficiency of these new models. And because you definitely want a high quality and durable product, we recommend the two world leaders on the market for these electric instruments: Oral B and Philips. They are names known to everyone, with products appreciated by specialists and regular consumers. We briefly present some information about these two major international companies.
The name Oral B (from oral hygiene and B - from the brush) is practically confused with the idea of an electric toothbrush, with sales that position it in the top globally. They are the most used electric brushes, according to the data provided by the manufacturer. Their range also includes manual toothbrushes, spare heads for electric ones, toothbrushes for small children, dental floss, mouth irrigators.
They have specialized products that address the treatment of problems such as cavities, tartar, sensitive gums, or teeth whitening. The company was founded when Dr. Robert W. Huston, an American periodontist, invented in 1950 a special toothbrush that better cleans the oral cavity, but at the same time protects the gums and tooth enamel, a product for which he obtains a patent.
The doctor chooses the name Oral B and creates the first Oral B 60 toothbrush (it had 60 fibers). In 1984 the brand became part of the Gilette company, and since 2006 it is owned by Procter% Gamble. Specializing exclusively in the oral hygiene segment, the brand continuously improves its products so as to keep up with technological developments. More recently, it focuses on creating custom products.
An example is the SmartSeries range launched in 2005, with electric toothbrushes that connect via Bluetooth to the phone, the first of its kind in the world. The concept is revolutionary: by connecting to the special application, the user personalizes his oral care routine, has access to his personal history, receives feedback and brushing tips. These devices also include a stopwatch and pressure sensor. Such innovations have made Oral B a recognized and respected brand in the field.
Who hasn't heard of Philips? Famous Dutch company, operates in 3 main areas: lifestyle, health and lighting solutions. In 2012, the brand was ranked first as a manufacturer of lighting solutions. It is mainly known for its electronics and appliances, which include razors, care and beauty, coffee and of course, electric toothbrushes. Philips is among the two world leaders in these devices, along with Oral B.
The wide range also includes mobile phones, Blu Ray players, PC peripherals, audio systems and professional medical products (CT scanners, radiography equipment, monitoring, mammography, ultrasound, X-rays). The new product line was launched with the motto "Innovation and You", the company's representatives stating that their innovations are made by understanding people and their desires ("we create innovations that matter to people").
The company was founded in 1891 by Gerard Philips and his father Frederik, the first products being carbon filament lamps, followed by other electrical items. It doesn't take long for it to develop into an international corporation, offering an extremely rich range of products: vacuum tubes, the first electric shavers, televisions, the first compact audio cassettes, portable radios and cassette players, then CDs.
In 2000, he bought the company Optiva, which specialized in Sonicare electric toothbrushes, thus creating the Philips Oral Healthcare division. It sells these devices under the slogan "it is one", its models having the most modern functions for a complete and simple oral hygiene. It also offers home whitening treatments, dental floss and state-of-the-art appliances for interdental cleaning.
Other recommended products
- Up to 62000 brush movement/min .
- Clinically proven superior 3D cleaning oscillates and pulsates to break up and remove up to 300 percentage more plaque along the gum line than a regular manual toothbrush
- The pressure sensor stops the pulsation movement if you brush too hard and the in handle timer helps you brush for a dentist recommended 2 minutes
- 1 Mode, Daily Clean, rotates to break up and sweep away plaque
- Included in pack: 1 Oral B Professional Handle, 1 CrossAction Brush head and 1 charger
- Compatible with the following replacement toothbrush heads: CrossAction, 3D White, Sensitive Clean, Precision Clean, FlossAction, Deep Sweep, Ortho and Dual Clean
- FAIRYWILL ELECTRIC TOOTHBRUSH 507- ADA Accepted, with 40,000 micro-brushes per minute powerful ultrasonic technology, enjoy clean and healthy teeth. Get a thorough cleaning with reduced noise, an overall upgrade over other regular electric toothbrushes.
- ONE 4-HOUR CHARGE LAST 30 DAYS - compatible with any power source with an auto shut off after a full charge and a low battery reminding. The long battery life is supported by USB charging. This electric toothbrush is convenient to use at home or travel - bring it on any trip with the easy to use adapter and USB cable. THE 2 MINUTES SMART TIMER with interval pausing every 30 seconds encourages a good brushing habits.
- HIGH QUALITY ADA ACCEPTED - This Fairywill product is ADA Accepted. The ADA is the professional association of dentists dedicated to serving both the public and the profession of dentistry. The ADA promotes the public's health through commitment of member dentists to provide quality oral health care, accessible to everyone. Fairywill always works to give you the highest level of quality and care, that is why we associate ourselves with the best and work to give you the best.
- 5 HIGH-PERFORMANCE BRUSHING MODES to suit different conditions of teeth and gums.Take full care of your mouth and sensitive teeth. 55 gram extra-light weight designed, less than half of regular electric toothbrush. Light in hand but thorough cleaning with reduced noise, upgraded brushing experience than a regular electric toothbrush. 3 brush heads and a toothbrush heads hygienic protective cover included, to offer well-rounded protection on your brush heads hygienic and dust-free.
- The bristles are made with dupont nylon, to suit teeth topography for thorough cleaning of gums and hard to reach areas. There is a rounded bristle top for safety and gentleness. The brush heads will remind you to replace your brush head through blue indicator bristles. Gentle on your gum and blue indicator bristles fade in color to let you know when it's time to replace the brush head.
- 40,000 VPM Smart Toothbrush – Beauty, brains and power. The Black Series is a world class modern electric toothbrush packed with the most up to date technology. It features an ultra-powerful and industry leading motor producing 40,000 vibrations per minute , lithium-ion battery, ultra-fast wireless charging, 4 mode operation, smart vibration timers, 8 DuPont engineered brush heads and bristles, and a custom travel case; all with a sleek ultra-slim, lightweight and IPX7 rated waterproof design.
- Accepted by the American Dental Association (ADA) Council on Scientific Affairs – We put our money where your mouth is. Investing in premium oral care technologies has earned the Black Series the prestigious ADA seal of approval. It has shown efficacy in removing plaque and helping to prevent and reduce gingivitis. Black Series goes beyond just cleaning teeth – it provides complete oral care with unique modes that include one for whitening and polishing teeth and one for improving gum health.
- 8 DuPont Brush Heads & Travel Case Included - Every Black Series toothbrush comes with 8 brush heads engineered by world famous DuPont; a world leader in quality & materials science. Each brush head lasts 4 months so 8 will last for over 2.5 years. Also included is a convenient custom hard shell travel case made of BPA Free plastic with space for two brush heads. AquaSonic can last 4 full weeks (2 min/2x a day) on a full charge so it's perfect for on the go travel with the included travel case
- Modern Tech for a Healthy Smile - Black Series brings toothbrushes into modern times with its built in enhanced features. A lithium-ion battery, ultra fast wireless charging (forget outdated USB charging), 4 distinct brushing modes and a smart vibrating notification timer are some of the enhanced features built in to the sleek and ergonomic waterproof black satin handle
- What's in the Box - 1 AquaSonic Black Series Smart Toothbrush, 1 wireless charging base, 8 DuPont Brush Heads, 1 Travel Case, Instruction and Support Contact Manuals
- Replacement Toothbrush Travel Charger Base AC Power
- Compatible with the following models:All 5000 series toothbrush handles such as 5810,5910 etc.
- All pictures are taken from the real item, please check carefully before bidding.
- Notice:Maybe the item you received there are some stain on the charging cable or plug, it won’t affect use. If you mind it, please consider other choice. Thank you.
- 40000VPM HIGH VIBRATION - Rechargeable electric toothbrushes for adults equipped with World-leading Powered Motor to generate 40,000 STROKES per minute, and thus dissolve deep tooth dirt effectively. 10X Cleaning Effect than manual toothbrush and 3X than ordinary Power electric toothbrush. 7 DAYS to Whiten teeth & 14 DAYS for Healthier Teeth.
- 8 DUPONT HEADS LAST FOR 2 YEARS - Electric toothbrushes comes with 8 toothbrush heads designed by DuPont company; a world leader in quality and material science field. Each brush head lasts up to 3 months, so it will be more than 2 years for 8 in total. Absolutely the ideal choise for all of you!
- 5 MODES & POWER REMINDER - Electric toothbrushes supports 5 modes: whitening, cleaning, sensitive, polishing, massage. Whitening mode fulfilled by reversing the frequency to dissolve the surface stains. And massage modes deliver smooth microbursts to the tissue to improve blood circulation and gum health. Sonic toothbrush has remaining power knowable after each use. Never worry for sudden power off.
- PERFECT PARTNER FOR TRAVEL - Last for 30 DAYS after only 4 hours full charging(2mins x 2 times per day). Rechargeable Sonic toothbrush comes with a USB charging cable for charging anywhere. Weighs just 55g, less than half of ordinary sonic toothbrush. IPX7 waterproof for easy water rinsing after each use.
- PACKAGE - Electric electronic for adults x1, DuPonts toothbrush heads x8, USB charging cable x1, User manual x1. Ideal GIFT CHOICE for family& friends. More than 2 million enthusiastic users around the world feel excellent of using ATMOKO electric toothbrushes to improve gum health and whiten teeth.Looking forward to your joining!
- Oral-B Dual Clean Replacement Brush Heads provide twice the cleaning action for superior plaque removal vs a regular toothbrush
- Head rotates side to side in an oscillating manner, while penetrating hard-to-reach areas
- 2 Minute Timer: Signals after two minutes to help you brush for the recommended brushing time
- Compatible with the following replacement toothbrush heads: Cross Action, 3D White, Sensitive Clean, Precision Clean, Floss Action, Deep Sweep, Ortho, Power Tip, and Dual Clean
- #1 Dentist Used Toothbrush Brand, Worldwide - Oral-B (data on file)
- ADA Accepted Clean- The ADA is an USA professional association of dentists dedicated to serving both the public and the profession of dentistry. The ADA promotes the public's health through commitment of member dentists to provide quality oral health care, accessible to everyone. Fairywill always works to give you the highest level of quality and care, that is why we associate ourselves with the best and work to give you the best.
- Fairywill E11 Whitening Ultra Sonic Electric Toothbrush - ADA Accepted sonic vibration up to 40,000 strokes per minute, Effectively remove up to 100% more surface stains than a manual toothbrush. Enjoy the healthy teeth in just 7 days. Get a thorough deep cleaning with reduced noise but powerful, an overall upgrade over other regular electric toothbrushes. Ergonomically integrated handle design, waterproof, for bath and shower.
- 8 Dupont Brush Heads for Over 2 Years of Using - you needn't waste hundred of dollars on toothbrush's refills anymore. Our E11 electric power toothbrush provides 8 soft bristles brush heads which design in "W" shape can perfectly fit the gums and teeth. Color Reminder Bristles, The brush heads will remind you to replace your brush head through the blue indicator bristles fade in color. Orthodontic-friendly clean, to achieve the deep cleaning result.
- 2 Hours’ Fast Charge for Minimum 30 Days Use - The Lastest lithium battery system just take 2 hours can be full charged and auto shut off. Compatible with Global voltage, so it is a good travel rechargeable electric toothbrush for business trip or family traveling!
- Professional Modern Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush - Build in 2 minute smart timer, Built in 2 minute smart timer with interval pause reminding each 30 seconds to remind you change the brushing area, encourage dentist-recommended brushing habit. 5 distinct enhanced modes, one button use. Classic black satin handle suitable for adults and kids.
- ADA Accepted Clean - The ADA is an USA professional association of dentists dedicated to serving both the public and the profession of dentistry. The ADA promotes the public's health through commitment of member dentists to provide quality oral health care, accessible to everyone. Fairywill always works to give you the highest level of quality and care, that is why we associate ourselves with the best and work to give you the best.
- An Whitening Ultra Sonic Electric Toothbrush For Adults - With Ultra sonic vibration up to 40,000 strokes per minute, The ADA Council on Scientific Affairs’ Acceptance of Fairywill 508 Sonic Electric Toothbrush is based on its finding that the product has shown efficacy in removing stains and helping to prevent and reduce gingivitis. Overall an upgraded brushing experience than a regular electric toothbrushes.
- 8 Dupont Brush Heads For Over 2 Years Of Using - 6 Soft Bristles and 2 Hard Bristles are included, you needn't worried about the other toothbrush's expensive brush refills anymore. "W" shape design can perfectly fit the gums and teeth. Color Reminder Bristles, The brush heads will remind you to replace your brush head through blue indicator bristles. The blue indicator bristles fade in color to let you know when it's time to replace the brush head. Orthodontic-friendly clean.
- 5 Optional Modes To Meet All Daily Brushing Needs, Whitening Mode helps whiten teeth by using up to 40,000 ultra sonic vibrations per minute. Clean mode can remove 10X more stains along the gums. Senitive is designed for the fresh user of electric toothbrush. Massage improve gum health by delivering soothing micro-bursts into tissue to improve circulation and overall health. Polish helps brignten teeth by using inverted frequencies to remove surface stains.
- 4 Hours' Charge For Mininum 30 Days Use. Portable design and charged by USB cord (without adapter), compatible with Global voltage, a good travel electric toothbrush for business trip or family traveling! Including a convenient customed hard shell travel case made of BPA Free plastic, make a good protection for your electric toothbrush handle and the brush heads in your bag or suitcase.
- Improve your gum health up to 100 percent with a safe and gentle experience vs. a manual toothbrush
- Protect your teeth with a pressure sensor that gently pulses to alert you when you're brushing too hard
- Always know when to replace your brush head for an effective clean with the brush head replacement reminder
- Personalize your brushing experience with 3 modes: Clean, White and Gum Care; Voltage: 110-220 V
- 2 minute Smartimer with QuadPacer helps ensure Dental Professional recommended brushing time and a consistent clean throughout your mouth
Last update on 2021-04-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API