- 1 Pool Robot – Test 2020
- 2 Pool cleaner robot – Buyers guide
- 3 Pool vacuum test winner – Top 3
- 4 Suggested products
Pool Robot – Test 2020
If you have a pool, appreciate a pool vacuum. However, finding the best pool vacuum is quite laborious, because there are many different types of vacuum cleaners, and in addition to the price-performance ratio, criteria such as suction power, handling and additional functions must be taken into account when making a purchase. This makes the research quite expensive.
If this is too time-consuming, but you still want to make a good purchase decision, you can follow our buy recommendation, because we have already taken the research work. So we can highly recommend the Dolphin E10 Automatic Robotic Pool Cleaner, as it achieves very good cleaning results thanks to its high pumping capacity, and it also shines with an automatic function and a good price structure at the same time. Alternatively, the MX8 Zodiac is highly recommended, because he not only offers a very good price-performance ratio, but he works without electricity, provides good results and is also solid processed.
Dolphin E 10
In conjunction with a high pumping capacity of 16m³ per hour, it cleans very thoroughly. Thanks to automatic he drives the ground off automatically. The price-performance ratio can convince the bottom line and the simple cleaning of the device itself rounds off the overall package.
The MX8 from Zodiac works reliably and convinces with good cleaning results without electricity. The workmanship is solid, which ensures a long life and due to the fact that the device is connected to an existing pump, it has no motor and is therefore significantly cheaper than vacuum cleaner with motor.
The pool floor cleaner by Intex is a highly recommended model at a very reasonable price. Compared to most competing models, the Intex teat is much cheaper. The handling is very uncomplicated and self-explanatory, so it can be put into operation quickly and easily.
Pool cleaner robot – Buyers guide
If you have a pool in the garden, you know how hard it is to keep it clean despite the filter system. A great help in cleaning the floor is a pool vacuum. Which model is ultimately the best pool vacuum for your pool, depends on the requirements and your budget. Therefore, before comparing prices and purchasing decisions, you should discuss the different types of pool robots so that you can compare features and features in relation to price. A good overview of the offer can be found in the top 5 list of the best pool vacuum cleaners in 2019.
Compared to the hand-operated pool vacuum cleaners, which are connected to the garden hose and work with water power, the tested pool robots work either hydraulically, that is, they are connected to the filtration system and do not require power, or fully automatic and must be connected separately to the power outlet.
The semi-automatic variant, which is operated via the skimmer or the filter system, does not have its own naturally aspirated engine. Therefore, you can only use these devices to clean smaller pools, as with increasing hose length the suction decreases considerably. Therefore, pay attention to the maximum hose length and the minimum requirements for the pumping capacity. Because if your pump is too weak, you may not even be able to use the semi-automatic pool vacuum properly. As a rule of thumb, the filter unit should have a minimum output of about 6m³ per hour. The recommendation, however, is to use a filter unit with a capacity of at least 8m³ per hour, if the cleaning result should be tidy.
If you have a large pool or want to clean the side walls, you can not avoid a fully automatic model. However, you have to dig deeper into your pocket. However, the results are much better and, with the help of the built-in fins, they also achieve a much higher efficiency. Fully automatic robots move in the pool according to a predetermined pattern, while the semi-automatic suckers uncontrolled wander around in the pool and operate on the chaos principle.
As already mentioned, in semi-automatic models, the suction power largely depends on the performance of the filter system to which the device is connected. In order for the suction power to be fully utilized, the connection must fit exactly to the pump. It is also indispensable for a good result to buy a model with brushes on the bottom. These ensure that also coarser dirt particles can be sucked in well.
The hose should not exceed a certain length, so that the suction is not too weak. Depending on the pump, a length of 10 meters should not be exceeded. In this context, make sure that the hose is flexible, so that the vacuum cleaner does not tip over when vacuuming. This often happens with very inflexible hoses in conjunction with a lightweight sucker. The range of semi-automatic suckers is quite large, so a price comparison in any case worthwhile. However, always pay attention to the quality of the materials and the equipment of the model, and do not simply grab the cheapest model. A cheap pool vacuum that works semi-automatically should not be used to clean a very large pool. The result will never be what you imagined before you bought it.
When buying a fully automatic robot vacuum you should consider some criteria. Especially if you have an oval pool, you must make sure that the nipple can also clean it. Not all models are able to effectively clean curves. If you have smooth tiles in the pool you should also ensure that the tires have a good grip to maintain the cleaning performance. Simple plastic or hard rubber tires tend to spin, making it impossible to get ahead quickly as they can spin.
The scope of delivery should already include good brushes and it is also important that corresponding accessories can be reordered and easily replaced. With some no-name models you will have difficulty finding replacement parts later. If your budget permits, it is therefore advisable to buy a high-quality device right away, as it will eventually pay for itself through a longer service life and usability.
Additional functions and price levels
With a pool vacuum cleaner is often a tiresome subject. With good models, the filter can be removed and cleaned in one go without having to get dirty. With semi-automatic models, you do not have the problem because the dirt is routed directly into the filter system.
Overall, it is also worthwhile to take a look at the starting equipment, which is included with the device together. Depending on the model, accessories can be quite expensive. Therefore, you should take this into account when comparing prices.
If you want to buy a fully automatic pool vacuum cleaner, pay attention to the cable attachment! Here are some cheap models have their weakness. If the vacuum cleaner works autonomously for several hours, the cable should not cause any problems or cable clutter. Therefore, good equipment offers an integral hinge and top mounting, so the cable is always kept clean. Of course, you also have to pay attention to the cable length itself, so you can clean the entire pool without restricting the teat by the length of the cable.
Priced are between semi-automatic entry-level models and very good fully automatic pool vacuum worlds. While you can already buy useful semi-automatic models for small pools for less than 100 dollars, you will have to spend between 300 and 600 dollars for a fully automated vacuum robot. For very large pools over 15 meters and quickly up to 1,000 dollars are due. Therefore, the purchase should be well considered and always based on the conditions of the pool and your needs.
Pool vacuum test winner – Top 3
If you have a swimming pool at home, knows the problem. The annoying removal of dirt at the bottom of the pool can be agonizing when the pool vacuum is not doing a decent job or there is no pool vacuum or pool robot.
The modern models today are a reliable helper when cleaning the pool and can greatly facilitate the work and care. Many pool owners have extensively tested different models and compared functionality, suction results and workmanship. In conjunction with the price and the material quality, the best pool vacuum cleaners were determined in 2019. Which of you is the best pool vacuum, you have to decide on your own needs and requirements, but you can be sure that you do not buy a model that does not live up to its promise.
Dolphin Pool Cleaner E10
The Dolphin pool cleaner electric cleaner was able to find an attractive place in the pool robot comparison. The following sections provide detailed reports on the various features and benefits of the product, which played a major role in achieving this placement.
Delivery and packaging
The automatic robot pool cleaner, which was inspected in the pool robot comparison, has a comfortable and above all comfortable size of 30 cm x 30 cm x 25 cm and weighs six kilograms. With all the packaging material, the weight increases to ten kilograms, resulting in a not too heavy package for. The standard shipping in USA can be ordered at street addresses as well as at post offices or packing stations. The delivery takes between two and three working days and is not associated with any delivery costs.
If you want to keep the package faster in your hands, you can also use the 2-day premium order Ordered by 1pm. Also, without shipping costs, a delivery is then already within two working days, in which case, in contrast to the standard shipping the processing time in the delivery time is included.
An international shipment can be made to Austria, where a delivery time of two to three working days and delivery charges of 69 euros must be expected. To Denmark and Sweden, the shipping takes three to five working days and there are fees of 12.90 euros.
The relevant for the pool robot comparison Dolphin E10 is a cleaning device for the pool, which can be taken immediately after unpacking the delivered delivery in operation, because the cleaner is delivered immediately ready for use. He then just has to be placed in the pool.
Data & Facts
The robot pool cleaner, reviewed in the pool robot comparison, is a very compact device measuring 30cm x 30cm x 25cm. At the same time, it weighs six kilograms without packaging and weighs ten kilograms when packaged.
It is a very powerful and ready-to-use pool robot suitable for oval, round, rectangular or even octagonal basins whose size does not exceed an area of 8 mx 4 m and whose depth is at least 50 cm. Apply the device for eliminating the simple dirt deposit.
It`s fully automatic and very easy-to-use pool vacuum cleaner cleans the floor, but not the walls or the waterline. The PVC lamella brush used is ideal for cleaning materials such as PVC foil, concrete, tiles, stainless steel, fiberglass or polypropylene.
The cleaning of the robot placed in the pool is activated by a drive motor. For its commissioning, it is necessary to connect the supply unit equipped and connected with a twelve-meter-long cable to the power supply and to actuate the corresponding start button. The device has a filter basket but its capacity is limited. Therefore, the filter should be cleaned manually after every cleaning. From time to time and depending on the contamination of the pool, it may also be necessary that the filter must be emptied during the two-hour cycle.
Operation & Functions
The Doplphin E10 Pool Cleaner considered in the pool robot comparison is a pleasant and easy-to-use item. The robot itself just has to be placed in the water and the supply unit connected via the twelve meter cable must be connected to the power supply. Then the cleaner starts with a single push of a button and cleaning is completely self-contained.
During the cleaning process, it could happen that the filter must be cleaned in between due to excessive contamination. This should always be done after every application. Since not all areas and corners of a pool are guaranteed to be cleaned and only the floor is cleaned, a subsequent manual use is necessary to have a completely clean pool.
In the practical test
The robot pool cleaner had to undergo a great deal of research in the pool robot comparison, which looked at numerous features and produced a meaningful image of a recommendable product that was awarded a grade of 1.5. Poolrobot 500966 from Dolphin in light gray
The dimensions of the item, which is only 30cm x 30cm x 25cm and weighs only six kilograms, were very attractive. The scope is also very attractive. So the cleaner is suitable for pools of all shapes, which are at least 50 cm deep and do not exceed a size of 4 m x 8 m. A minor negative factor is the fact that he focuses solely on the ground and does not care about cleaning the walls and the waterline. In addition, it sometimes happens that not all positions are recorded, so that a manual post-treatment is necessary. Similarly, it is a small drawback that the device is not designed to remove algae or very stubborn dirt.
However, the product performs optimally with normal soiling on smooth surfaces, which consist for example of PVC foil, concrete, tiles, stainless steel, fiberglass or polypropylene. The operation of the robot is very easy and in a few simple steps the robot is in the water, connected to the mains and switched on to start work. The filter does a good job, but its capacity is limited so it has to be cleaned at the latest after each use, sometimes even during a cleaning process.
The scope of delivery of the Dolphin E10, which was scrutinized in the pool robot comparison, consists of the pool vacuum cleaner, the filter basket to be removed and the power supply unit with the twelve-meter-long cable. Other accessories are not available, but this is not needed for the operation.
The Dolphin E10 robot pool cleaner was a good match in the pool robot comparison. A very simple operation and a usability in the most diverse pools make this product a recommendable article.
Zodiac MX8 – Best pool cleaner
The MX8 by Zodiac is a classic hydraulic pool vacuum cleaner. The manufacturer recommends the use of a filter with at least 8m³ pumping power to achieve an optimal cleaning effect. Some testers noted, however, that with a stronger pump of more than 15m³ the suction power is noticeably better. Certainly this is the case, but for most standard applications, the pump performance with the manufacturer's specification proved sufficient.
As well as the 10 kilogram device, the scope of supply also includes hoses that usually work very well. Some testers have reported leaks in the context of long-term testing that have reduced pump performance. This led to a slight devaluation in the overall standings. Overall, the device works very reliable and good with a slightly weaker pump. It proved to be very effective even on gentle slopes or on tiles with deep joints. The cleaning result was always absolutely satisfactory and the processing of the device as a whole promises a long service life. It is suitable for pool sizes of a maximum of 12 x 6 meters.
Zodiac vacuum cleaner works hydraulically, ie without electricity. This results in advantages and disadvantages alike. Whether he comes into question for you, you can weigh well on the basis of the juxtaposition of strengths and weaknesses.
Intex Auto Pool Cleaner
The cheap pool vacuum from Intex impresses with one thing in particular: An incredibly low price compared to the models of the competitors. The manufacturer recommends a filter pump capacity of at least 6,000 liters per hour to achieve a good cleaning result. When it is connected to the filter system, the teat automatically changes direction during operation and achieves quite good cleaning results in the test. However, the minimum specification of the filter pump performance is also very tight here. The device worked reliably and solidly, but the results differed significantly from those of expensive competitors.
Here was a lot of rework necessary, which the testers did not find very positive. One must not forget in this context, however, that it is a device, which sometimes only costs 10% of it, like an expensive automatic pool vacuum cleaner. Accordingly, the performance here is to be evaluated according to the cost-benefit factor, because in particular larger particles and dirt could remove the device well.
Therefore, it has made the pool suction despite weaknesses in suction and a partially slightly leaky hose in the list of the best pool suction, as it is simply a very cheap alternative to the sometimes very expensive competitors and so also those who only a limited amount available have a pool vacuum can easily afford.
The very affordable Intex model is a simple vacuum that connects to the pumping system. However, the very cheap price also has one or the other disadvantage, so you should carefully weigh the pros and cons before buying.
- Universal in‑line swimming pool leaf canister, adopts high‑quality plastic material, which is safe and durable.
- Swimming pool cleaner, easy to install and disassemble, so that the filter system maintains good working performance.
- The transparent body allows you to clearly see that the plastic mesh debris basket needs to be cleaned.
- Catching debris, leaves, branches, insects, etc. before clogging pool pumps, separator baskets and filters
- Effectively protect your swimming pool filtration system and ensure the clean and tidy pool water.
- 【Durable Quality】: This portable pool vacuum cleaner is made of premium and high quality plastic material, which ensures the maximum durability.
- 【Easy to Use】: The pool jet vacuum cleaner is no power requirement, the parts interconnect and no tools are required. Simply connect to your garden hose, very easy to assemble and use.
- 【Mini Pool Vacuum Features】: Keep your pools clean and fresh with this pool maintenance kit. It is suitable for cleaning swimming pools, spas, ponds and fountains.
- 【Working Principle】: This easy to assemble underwater cleaner is simply powered by the water pressure from a garden hose. The water from the hose enters the vacuum and creates a suction effect. The powerful jet suction make quick clean ups a cinch.
- 【Package Including】: 1 * suction tip, 1 * mesh bag, 1 * quick connector, 1 * buckle, 1 * handle. Portable, easy to carry and simple to design, providing a lot of comfort for your life.
- 1. Made of durable material.
- 2. Simple design and no tools required to install.
- 3. Fits for any standard retractable pole, easy to clean leaves and other debris.
- 4. Comes with quick hose connector, easy to connect it with any standard garden hose.
- 5. Suitable for cleaning small swimming pool, spa, pond and hot tub, etc.
- Made of high quality material, which is reliable, sturdy and durable for long time use.
- Practical swimming pool cleaning accessories, lightweight, easy to carry and use.
- The portable pool vacuum head cleaning tool is perfect for spring and swimming pool.
- This swimming pool vacuum head is more convenient to operate and has a service life.
- Scoop leaves, bugs and debris from swimming pool, pond, fountain or large fish tanks.
- Equipped with a quick hose coupling for easy connection to any standard garden hose.
- Suitable for any standard telescopic rod, easy to blades and other debris.
- Simple design, no need to install tools, easy to use.Made of high quality and high quality materials to ensure maximum durability.
- Suitable for cleaning swimming pools, spas, pools and hot tubs.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: We greatly value our customers and want you to be completely satisfied with your purchase. If you arent happy with your shopping experience or product, we urge you to contact us so we can resolve the issue!
- Using high‑quality ABS plastic, light weight, super durable, and can withstand all types of swimming pool chemicals.
- Adjust garden hose so that water pressure can suck in and collect all the inaccessible leaves and debris at the bottom of the pool.
- Swimming pool cleaning tool with detachable and adjustable handle, suitable for pools, hot tubs, pond, etc.
- Safe use, no risks, no need to worry about children or children using it around, ensuring everyone's health and safety.
- Specially designed with elastic body, it can be operated along complicated corners and smooth wall beside swimming pools.
- Strong cleaning ability, comprehensively cleans sand and silt particles, and keeps the water clean.
- No hoses, ropes or external pumps, and clean the pool from all aspects, which is convenient for swimming.
- Jet vacuum cleaner set, can use dirt suction head or brush according to different occasion.
- Pool cleaner, with suction head and brush, easy to clean the floor and wall of the pool.
- Easy to assemble, with sufficient length, suitable for hot tubs, swimming pools or spas.
- Material: Made of high quality ABS material, which ensures the maximum durability.
- The cleaner set is perfect for above ground Pool, spa, pond, fountain hot tub, etc. With quick hose connector, easy to connect it with any standard garden hose. The water pressure from your hose will create a venturi effect,drawing leaves and other debris into the collection bag.
- Comes with 5 * pole handle make 4 feet long pole. Fits for any standard retractable pole, easy to clean leaves and other debris. Easy to install and convenient to use.
- Brand new high quality Pool Handheld Jet Vacuum Heads, each item has been tested and in good condition before shipping.
- Return Guarantee: One year warranty. For any reason you're not completely satisfied with the product, you can ask for a replacement or full refund.
- High quality: The pool vacuum head is made of selected materials that is wear-resistant, and study. It is durable and has long service use. It is a good helper for cleaning pool.
- Connector: The dirt suction head adopts a socket-type connector, and the rod can be inserted directly, and the operation is convenient and quick. Besides, this design can make the connection very firm and not easy to fall off.
- Scroll wheel: There is a pulley at the bottom of it, which allows the dirt suction machine to slide smoothly, so that the cleaning is more thorough and the cleaning efficiency is improved.
- Brush: The swimming pool vacuum cleaner has brush on the bottom. And the bristles are very dense, which can pick up the residue during cleaning and facilitate suction.
- Application: The products are widely used and can be used in various swimming pools, hot springs, water parks and so on.
Last update on 2021-04-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API