What features to follow to choose from the best blenders? Which is the best blender?
The blender is a useful tool in any kitchen to quickly perform various operations such as: chopping vegetables, preparing vegetables for soup or cream, chopping fruit for juice and smoothie, chopping ice and in general any kind of chopping. For many recipes you need to quickly chop various ingredients, hence the utility of the blender which saves you time in the kitchen. This home appliance is widely used by vegetarians and for the preparation of raw vegan food. If you’re wondering what to buy, what to recommend, how or where to find cheap and good blenders for sale, read this article.
The type of blender
- the classic blender: it is the one with the engine and the vessel; Put the ingredients in the pot, turn on the blender and mix.
- vertical blender: you hold the blender in your hand and mix in the bowl from top to bottom.
The classic blender has several advantages and allows you to process a larger range of foods, at a higher power and with less physical effort.
Capacity of bowl
It is good that the product has a vessel with the largest capacity, to prepare in a single round for all persons. The best performing blenders have a large capacity of at least 1 liter. This bowl is graduated to see exactly the amount of liquid inside.
There are 2 types of materials from which the bowl is made, both transparent to permanently see the content and degree of processing of the ingredients.
- glass: it is a better material because it is easier to wash and does not keep traces or odors from the previous ingredients. It scratches very hard. The disadvantage is that the glass can crack in strong hits or shocks, but the top products have the resistant glass bowl.
- plastic: these blenders are cheaper, but the plastic does not clean as well as the glass and over time it can change color or scratch. Also, the plastic can maintain odors if not thoroughly washed.
Considering the above, our recommendation is to choose a blender with a glass jar.
Shear power and Blades
Higher power means an ability to chop foods faster and better, so the finished product will be finer and creamier. The power is adjustable, so it is good to take a blender with a higher power, following it adjust according to what you prepare. There are efficient blenders with a power of 1000w, but it is good that the power is at least 600w, to be efficient and with stronger vegetables. For foods that are slightly chopped, like fruit, you will use a low power of approx. 400w.
And the quality of knives (blades) matters in terms of cutting. The best blenders have stainless steel or stainless steel knives. The shape can be “S” and star.
Check what accessories your product offers, as some blenders have components for grinding, chopping.
It is important that the blender is fixed to the table, so it is good to have grip feet. Also, the top products do not start unless the lid or the vessel is in the correct position to prevent accidents.
- gears: The adjustable speed allows you to select an appropriate gear depending on the type of food.
- Turbo function (Pulse): Most products have a “Turbo” button which, when pressed, quickly starts the blender at high power; this button facilitates the rapid use of the blender, or for grinding the ingredients for very short intervals.
- the components that can be washed in the dishwasher are another advantage, if you have such a home appliance in the house.
- Warranty: Most manufacturers offer a 2 year warranty.
price: the price of a blender starts from below 10$ and can reach 200$, depending on the quality of the materials used, power, functionalities, brand. Between 50 and 100 $ you find good and quality products.
Given these aspects, we suggest you to search for a cheap and good blender online. On the Internet you can read reviews, opinions, recommendations and even benefit from offers and price reductions.